Finally Writing Back

             

                            Hey Mom,

    It's Mollie. I'm finally writing back! 🎉🎉

 Searching for scholarships and trying to raise money for college funds has caused me to deep dive into my experience with chemotherapy as a kid.

    In 2008, I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, a blood cancer that affects my white blood cells. I went through intense periods of chemotherapy and port insertion (central venous catheter)     through 2010. 

    Even though I don't know what half of those words mean, I'm trying to understand. 

    I'm trying to understand my history, how it affects my health, how I see the world, and how it altered the way my parents, siblings and friends see the world, too. 

    As I read and respond to my mom's blog posts, I'm increasingly grateful for the love and support that she gave me, in ways words can't describe.


               Thanks Mom!    I love you.


                From,

                                        Mollie 💕



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LLS Scholarship Awardee!!

How to Live Carefully Carefree