an apple a day

 Hi Mom,

I got my blood drawn for work today! It didn't go as smoothly as I hoped for... 

The nurse couldn't find my veins so she tried my left arm, 

                                       no blood.

I was extremely nervous and asked her to take it out so she moved me to another room, gave me a moment, and tried my right.

I painstakingly sat there for what felt like forever but FINALLY some blood came out. 

What was the trick?

                                       Apple juice. 

She gave me some apple juice to chug after moving me to the second room and I guess it did the trick! 

An apple a day really does keep the doctor away. 🍎🍏🍎🍏

I'm glad they were finally able to get the sample but I wish I didn't get this nervous for blood tests. To think that I used to do this constantly under treatment is astounding!

I wish you were with me to squeeze my hand and relieve some nerves but I guess going to the doctors by yourself is just a part of growing up.     


I love you always!

From,

Mollie 

Comments

  1. Wish I could have been there to distract you and hold your hand too Mollie. Did they give you a cute band-aid with cartoon characters. Adulting is hard... we're always just a phone call (or facetime) away. And I think you actually did call us that day. And we'll always love you and help you- remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally Writing Back

LLS Scholarship Awardee!!

How to Live Carefully Carefree